Before you come back to the gym you need to read the new Conditions of Entry and four COVID-19 Health Questions below. After that, by accessing the gym each time you will be accepting the Conditions of Entry.
THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY ARE:
- Stay home if unwell
- Wash or sanitise hands before entering the club and when moving through different areas
- Scan your membership key every time you enter the gym
- Bring your own gloves and sweat towel
- Wipe down equipment before and after use
COVID-19 HEALTH QUESTIONS:
- You do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss of sense of smell)
- You do not have COVID-19 nor are you awaiting the results from being tested for COVID-19
- You have not been in contact with any known or suspected cases of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- You have not returned, or been in contact with anyone else who has returned, from overseas in the past 14 days
When you scan your membership swipe key or checkin using CHECKIN-19, you’ll be confirming your agreement to these Conditions of Entry and COVID-19 Health Questions. You’ll also be confirming that you will abide by all Health & Safety procedures and protocols.
ETK COVID-19 LEVEL @ FAQ
WHEN IS ETK REOPENING? We’ll be resuming our normal timetable on Thursday.
WHAT IS ETK DOING TO KEEP ME SAFE? Everything we can. We have put in place processes and protocols to ensure your safety and are following the guidelines set by ExerciseNZ, Sport New Zealand and Worksafe:
- Class number limits
- Bringing own gloves
- Mandatory towels
- Access management to the club
- Additional sanitisation stations
- Further equipment cleaning
- Enhanced deep cleaning regime
- Sauna will be closed
- COVID-19 area-specific signage
WHAT HYGIENE ETIQUETTE DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO FOLLOW? We ask that every member takes responsibility for personal hygiene and also respects the space of others. That means washing / sanitising hands, covering coughs and sneezes, keeping 2m from the nearest person, bringing your own towel and using it, and bringing your own filled drink bottle / yoga mat / boxing gloves, and not sharing or touching anything that you don’t have to.
CAN WE DO PADS? Yes, according to the guidelines set out by Sport NZ for contact sports, 'People may participate in team sport and physical activity, including where physical distance cannot be maintained. This means that training and competition for contact sports will be possible if other public health measures are observed. Participants should maintain physical distancing when not participating in the sport or activity.' See the full information here.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK? The wearing of a mask is your choice and not mandatory. Some staff will be wearing masks.
ARE YOU DOING ANY EXTRA CLEANING? Yes, you will see more cleaning taking place during the day and at night we will continue doing our enhanced deep cleans throughout the club. We will also ask that you wipe down equipment before and after use to help us keep equipment clean.
HOW WILL YOU DO CONTACT TRACING? We will use your check-in access and CHECKIN-19 to trace when you have entered the club. We will then know all members who have accessed the gym between cleaning periods or on certain days, and be able to trace should it be required by the Ministry of Health.
WILL SANITISING STATIONS BE AVAILABLE? Yes, you will see these in the gym and at Reception. The Ministry of Health also recommends you wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).